Sports and health centers to be built in all regions of Kazakhstan

None
None
ASTANA. July 9. KAZINFORM Kazakhstan has taken steps to ensure the construction of typical sports and health centers in each district and each city of regional subordination, Chairman of the Agency of Sports and Physical Education Yerlan Kozhagapanov has said at a meeting of the Government today, Primeminister.kz reports.

"They will be built at the expense of local budgets and investments, as well as with the possibility of co-financing from the national budget in the amount of 70%, the remaining 30% at the expense of the akimats, with the mandatory provision of land and necessary engineering communications," he said.

It is assumed that the sports and health centers will provide services to the population, persons with disabilities, and to the schools that do not have gyms.

According to Kozhagapanov, these measures will allow to increase coverage of citizens engaged in physical education and sport to 30%, the proportion of students who go in for sports to 40% and the proportion of schoolchildren involved in sports clubs to 35.5%.

In 2012 there were 33,347 sports facilities, including 21,450 in rural areas. In comparison with 2011 the number of sports facilities increased by 733 units, including 273 units in the countryside.

Currently reading